how do I take cuttings?

I have managed to over winter some Agryathemums in the greenhouse and would like to try and take some cuttings,do I cut the plant back as you do with chrysanthemums and take basil cuttings or leave some top growth and then take from fresh growth. any advice please Stan
Make up your mind. Do you want to take basil cuttings or Argyranthemum cuttings?
Propagate with extreme prejudice.
Propagate your Argyranthemum as you would plants from the genus from which they came: Chrysanthemum.
Argyranthemum is the reinstated genus created for the shrubby "Marguerite daisy" and its allies from the Canary islands and Madeira.

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:50:01 +0000, svsmbbcs wrote:

Go and find some rootone or some other type of rooting hormone. Take cutting with 3 or more leaf nodes. Remove at least one set of leaves. I personally place all my cutting in a solution of 10-60-10 fertilizer and soak them for a bit ( while I'm preparing the pots). Take the cuttings and give them a shake to remove the excess water, dip them in rootone and put them in their new pot. I use a pencil to make a hole in the soil so the rootone dosen't get scraped off. Water them with the left over 10-60-10.
Your cutting will do far better if you can give them bottom heat. Imo, heat is far more important for the first few weeks than lots of light. If you can afford a propagation mat, that would be best. I use an old water bed heater I pulled out of the trash ( what can I say... I'm cheap). I've also have used a set of fluorescent shop lights, laided out on my potting bench with the light side up. I then placed my pot rack on top of the light. This seemed to be enough passive heat to help the rooting process.
Good luck.
--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Timothy wrote:

thanks for the advice will have a go. I have rooting powder and and 2 propogators so heat is not a problem.