How do I keep rabbits out of my garden? Recommendations?

A dog that can actually catch rather than just chase is more effective. Mine does get a little pudgy when the bunnies have a population explosion but as they say in the classics:

"do not muzzle the kine that tillith thy fields".

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I get a little upset when the cat gets the bunnies. In some areas cotton tail populations are very low; but they're thriving on my property with lots of brambles and woods to hide, a stream for water. I'd rather stick with the blood meal sprinkled in the beds and used kitter litter around the perimeter, solution and watch the cute bunnies, who usually stay on the lower meadow where there's a lot clover which they love. I don't like killing anything, except maybe the ticks that land of me or the animals and even then I feel a bit guilty. :-( In the five years I've been here, I haven't had any bunny damage in my flower or veggie gardens which are mainly terraced. We named our property Shambhala, which for us means, all living things are welcome and guaranteed to be safe, except of course with ticks that bite us.

June

Reply to
June