Houseplant from seed

Hi there,

I've been doing some googling and not really come across what I'm looking for, so hoping some folk here can point me in the right direction. I've grown a tomato plant before, and a couple of catci, but that's about it.

I'm looking for a houseplant I can grow from seed, that is fairly quick growing, and will also grow fairly big over the years. I've read that cultivating from seed can be difficult, so also any plant that I could buy when it is young and look after in the same way.

I was in a shared flat a few years ago, and there was a mini-jungle in the corner of one of the rooms, probably a number of plants of the same kind, reaching around 6ft, all in the same big pot. I have no idea what it was, or how old it might have been, but that's the kind of effect I'm going for - big and green. :)

Any advice welcome,

Tony

Reply to
Twilkes

Lots of people save the seed from Avocado and grow it. It can be started in a glass of water.

Reply to
despen

Mango seeds make an interesting small tree. You can also grow citrus from seeds.

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Apologies for the duplicate posts, the forum stopped responding yesterday but must have still been registering when I tried to post the message.

Tony

Reply to
Twilkes

Thanks for those, I had not idea either of them could be grown from their stones! Will definitely be trying one of those.

From further searches I've looked at things like giant peace lillies and yucca plants - would either of these be possible from seed or is it better to try from a small plant?

Thanks,

Tony

Reply to