House plants

Please help! I have recently bought a number of plants and small bushes for inside the house. The tips of the leaves have started to go brown on the ends. Is this because I am over watering them or under watering them? Thanks for your help. Karen1967
--
Karen1967

More information needed. Can you provide the names of the plants?
On 5/25/2009 3:10 AM, Karen1967 wrote:

Brown tips can indicate low humidity. This often happens on plants grown indoors when they really belong outdoors.
Over-watering and under-watering will both cause the plant to wilt.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Currently I use tap water to water my indoor plants. I used to maintain 3 freshwater aquariums (each tank drained 50% each week) and that water was ideal for plants. City water has chlorine in it, not good for bacteria nor plants, but the chlorine leaves water that has been boiled or aged.
On Mon, 25 May 2009 11:10:20 +0100, Karen1967

Be careful about the amount/frequency of water. Some plants resent being moved into a new environment, so there may be an adjustment period until you see new growth. Find the proper amount of light, water/humidity, temperature, soil for each plant. Check for insects/mites. I'm just wondering Karen, why you have not posted the names of the plants in question so we can help you better? Posting a picture link may help too.