Hot Radishes

All- I remember there is a little trick to what makes radishes hot, or not so hot. But, I can't remember what it is. Is it something about when you pick them?
I pulled some up this morning, and they are blistering hot.
Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

That makes sense. I had been on vacation to London, for about 10 days. The weather here in Sacramento was very hot while I was gone. They were probably left in the ground a wee bit long, and had less water.