Hot Peppers

I have a lot of hot peppers (habenero, Thai and Cayenne) that are still green. We should be getting a frost very soon..in the next few days. Can I just pick all of them and use them green or is there a way to get them to ripen up after being picked? Either way they will probably make a good sauce. Thanks, John
John wrote:

Many peppers will ripen on their own after being picked. I string my excess peppers on ristras and dry them. After they are dry, you can just pick what you need from the ristra to throw in soups, sauces, or whatever. I had a pile of Jalapenos that I treated that way. Most were green when I strung them up but after a couple of weeks they have turned red and are getting dry. The ristras also make great fall decor just hanging up. Gary
Throw old sheets over your plants to protect them from the frost.

I just throw them in paper bag and let them ripen there. Check every week or two and cull any that are starting to rot. Yes, you can use them green, but I prefer them ripe.