Hot Here in NE USA

I wonder if anyone might be considering the feasibility of selling off some of the sheepeople of Wake county in order to reduce the demand on the dwindling water reservoir.

Reply to
Jim

Oh yeah...

I'm trying to look at the bright side of this...I get a whole new bedroom (walls, carpet, chest/dresser) and bathroom...(vinyl only). H=2EO. ins. covered it all!

Reply to
raeannsimpson

Ugh...summer/fall colds are the worst! Feel for ya! As a side note...I'm quite happy to report that the plants you sent me have survived the drought so far! Scabosia & allium are both flowering. Was touch and go with the rudbeckia awhile, but it seems to be holding it's own.

Rae

Reply to
raeannsimpson

Oh, please...I've been asking them to send us rain all year...hasn't worked yet... I guess we're gonna have to pay frag to come down and do a special spit turtle thing...LOL!

Reply to
raeannsimpson

Here in the Sampson/Duplin/Bladen/Cumberland areas, most 'sheep- people' have already started selling their sheep. Or they have already sold them all. Same goes for cattle and goats. Noticed on a classified site (craigslist.org) that several truckers have volunteered to bring back hay from the mid-west after they've finished their long-hauls. People are reserving the hay in advance like crazy. Not that I can blame them. Our horses & cows seem to like the 'corn-stalk' hay very well. However, we are saving it for later in winter. Most farmers around here are ok with the hay farmers baling the cornstalks, but no farmer has agreed for anyone to use the meager soybean crops for hay. The FSA/AG depts. as well as the Farm Bureau Credit Union have been requesting that farmers who also have livestock use their soybeans as hay. Not seeing that happen yet. They are holding out with hopes that soybean prices will soar over the winter and in to next year. We've had several prospects for peanut hay later...but not much in the way of peanut crops around here either. We are trying to hang onto the cattle, but may start selling off some horses, not that we'd get anything near full price (worth) for them. I want to hang on to them as long as I can...rather keep all of them (cows & horses) during hard times than wind up selling them to go to the meat market...

Reply to
raeannsimpson

YAH!

Reply to