Hot Here in NE USA

Page 2 of 2

We finally had rain here also....just not where we wanted it! The shower mixer/distributor "rained" in my wall about a week ago, and of course it ran down onto the carpet & under the vinyl...ugh!!!
We did have a bit of the other "rain" on Saturday night also...
On 10/9/07 9:05 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "raeannsimpson"

Oh no!
Cheryl
With the dense fogs at night lingering until 9-10am and the 85F days my lawn has rusted. My shoes turned orange walking out to the garden and back! Yuck.
Jim
S Central PA

Oh yeah...
I'm trying to look at the bright side of this...I get a whole new bedroom (walls, carpet, chest/dresser) and bathroom...(vinyl only). H.O. ins. covered it all!
On 10/11/07 8:30 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com, "raeannsimpson"

YAH!

Observation on climatology. Cold fronts now and then generally go from north to south. The cold fronts used to be center of USA or slightly off center to the east when I was growing up watching the weather on TV. Now, they seem to have gone westward.
The whitetail deer in the last drought here were so skinny due to lack of food. Ribs showing etc. A couple of native live oaks were killed, by what, I do not know. The buzzards like to hang out on them sometimes. The drought was 3 years long. The recovery this year has been spectacular. Can't see any long term damage other than possibly those 2 live oaks. Hope this will be the case for your region of the country in the future. Dave