Hostas not blooming!

I have 5 different types of Hosta. Some are 3 years old, some 2 years, some new this year. They live in good conditions according to the literature I read about them. None of them have ever bloomed. My neighbours insist that all hostas bloom. Why aren't mine blooming????? They get some compost every year, and I fertilized twice this summer. I want hosta blooms!!! What's not right here?