Hostas in pots..........

Dear friends,

I have a lot of my Hostas in Hostavalley in pots And some of them are still looking great on this time of the year. I have less problems with slugs......... . I think there perfect for pots. Does any one else have some expierience with Hostastas growing int pots. Please let me know..

jeroen linneman. snipped-for-privacy@hostavalley.com

Reply to
Jap

I moved some that were here at our house when we bought it. The ones that were planted in the dirt got pretty mangy during the summer. The ones I have growing in an old copper boiler on the porch still look happy and healthy, though much smaller

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Dear Kate,

Thank You for your reaction on my Question. Do you have a lot of Hosta in pots or just a few. I have al lot of them growing in pots

Jeroen linneman hostavalley

SVTKate Wrote:

-- Hostavalley.

Reply to
Hostavalley.

I only have the two right now, but I think that next year, before they come back up that I will put the rest of them in continers as well. They are so pretty but I don't really ahve a shady spot to plant them unless it's out in the woods, and I have ont yet gotten to the point of clearing out the junk under the trees so I can start putting in ferns and hostas under there. Though I AM pretty excited about it!

Oh, and I NEVER even tought of the copper boiler keeping the slugs off!! I should have realized it, I used to use copper tape around my avocado tree ans some other tender little things. It worked pretty well.

Kate

"Hostavalley." wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.gardenbanter.co.uk... | | Dear Kate, | Thank You for your reaction on my Question. Do you have a lot of Hostas | in pots or just a few. I have al lot of them growing in pots | | Jeroen linneman | hostavalley | | | SVTKate Wrote: | > I moved some that were here at our house when we bought it. The ones | > that | > were planted in the dirt got pretty mangy during the summer. The ones I | > have | > growing in an old copper boiler on the porch still look happy and | > healthy, | > though much smaller | >

| > Kate | >

Reply to
SVTKate

I Have hostas in pots right now becouse i never got my landscaping done this summer.Now i put them in my basement for the winter. Now i like to know if i have to water them or just let them sit to spring. by the way i'm in cold wisconsin.

Reply to
Romy Beeck