Hostas by rooting cuttings ?

I was so sure I'd saved an article from several years ago, on how to take hosta root cuttings, rather than division, to expand your collection.
Now I cannot find that article anywhere, so I'm wondering if anyone else had heard of this method of propagating hostas?
Tarique

When you did a google search using the words "hosta rooted cuttings", did it produce any results?
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 23:44:20 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

No, I tried everything I could think of with google. Someone, just a few years ago, did have a text article which I saved, on rooting hostas by root cuttings. Unfortunately I have gone through a computer crash and new computer since then, and its just not on my backup disks.
Thanks for your reply. Tarique

snipped-for-privacy@seahaven.com said:

Are you sure it was root cuttings and not leaf or stem cuttings? Hostas can be propagated by leaf cuttings, taken in mid summer, with part of the stem attached.
There's a bit of discussion (from 2005) here: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/propa/msg0611302813889.html

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:19:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@someplace.net.net (Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

I thought the main propagation for Hosta is division, similar to dividing a fern, planting a portion with top and root included. Water well 2-3 days.