Hosta's in planters?

Can Hosta's be planted in planters and if so, what types and sizes work well?

Mike Pratt mpratt at yahoo dot com

Reply to
mpratt

There is no reason why you can't grow hostas in a planter. They are very sturdy plants that will grow in full sun to full shade depending on the variety.

The selection would depend largely on the size and location of the planter. I have a krosa regal hosta that is five feet across and over 3 feet high. I have a couple of sum and substance nearly as large. I have some very tiny hostas like feather boa, lemon lime, and Allen P. McConnell that stay quite small.

As a rule, blue hostas are less sun tolerant than other colors. Also, in full sun, even the sturdiest hostas will look tired and bleached by the end of summer.

You have to consider size, sun exposure, growth rate, mature size, leaf shape, color, texture, and flower color and size.

If you give us more specifics, you will get more specific answers.

Reply to
Vox Humana

landscaping was done. There coming back this year again. I have some in pots right now waiting for another project to get done. Just make sure there watered every other day and you should have no problem. Good luck

Reply to
Romy Beeck