horse chestnut trees problem

Hello
Does anyone know anything about the bark appearing to peel off horse chestnut trees. The trees aare also weeping sap. Hope someone can advise me.
Thanks
Smokeyone
Can you post pics?
--
Mike LaMana, MS CTE
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

Hello
Thanks for the reply. Cannot help with pix, no digital camera (yet) but can give a few more details. They are mature trees, 60 or so feet tall and the sap is weeping from what looks like tree sores on the trunk. The bark is just falling off and you can pull some of the bark away with your fingers.
Thanks for any advice
Smokeyone
Hi,
Sorry smokeyone, can't help you, but I have a tree with similar problems, and are therefore interested in this topic. In addition, the tree also seem to loose it's higher branches during latest storms here. These branches don't seem to show signs of decay themselves. Don't know if it would help if I make some pictures of the bark and post them ? Bit more info: The tree is one of 9 in our garden, it seems to be the oldest, and other trees don't seem to have the same problem. I have noticed that if you peel away the bark, some insects seem to be present.
Regards Eygobar.
snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com (Smokeyone) wrote in message