Honeysuckle vine or?

I have a long fence far back in my property that I'd like to grow a fast growing vine on.
I'm familiar with sliver lace (the vine from hell) and trumpet vine and I love how fast they grow but was thinking about a honeysuckle because I don't care if it's invasive.....but wanted some reward.....as in fragrance and blooms.
This fence is in full sun to part sun along it's length and beyond other suggestions....I was wondering if there's a particular Honeysuckle I should look for......or just the "Japanese honeysuckle"? Fast and Fragrant is key.
Thank you.

Avoid the Japanese - Lonicera japonica and its cultivars. Very invasive in many parts of the country and not necessarily all that fragrant. Look for a Dutch honeysuckle, Lonicera pericylmenum. Not at all an invasive species and arguably the most fragrant. Grows just as fast, too.
Check out the very recent thread "Honeysuckle Vine"
pam - gardengal

fragrance when it begins blooming late in the summer. It grows in zones 4 - 9.
John
The japanes one is bad news. Don't know where you live, but if in this part of the US, here's a nice one.
http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant_profile.cgi?symbol=lose
JK
EBG wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky

I have honeysuckle in my backyard. It's the one that blooms white and then turns yellow (or vice versa - I forget which). It's just now starting to flower.
I like it and it is very fragrant when it blooms. It even blocks out the smell of the doggie doo! My only complaint is that the bloom period doesn't last very long -- only a few weeks.
If I were going to choose something today I'd try to find a vine that flowers most of the summer, if such a vine exists.
Just my 2 cents!
I'm in central Texas.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

I strongly recommend Lonicera sempervirens or it's cultivars. Very beautiful, but a tad weak on fragrance. A NATIVE species from the southern US.
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC
How about sweet peas? Beautiful flower, great smell, good for cutting flower.