Honeycomb like formation in mulch

HI, I had a house built in Allentown PA. I have noticed since last fall a honeycomb growth in my flower bed mulch. It appears to be spreading to my lawn. Does anyone have any idea what this is? And what should I do about it? Thanks Steve snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net
could you get a picture of it I think I know what you are talking about but I would rather see a picture to be sure> Chuckie in the frozen north, zone 5