Honda FG100 tiller

I put my Mantis tiller in the shop one last time before I throw the damn thing away. It never has worked very well; maybe a new carburator will help, I dunno.
I'm thinking about getting a Honda FG100 tiller, but is it any better than a Mantis? It's gotta start easier, but how well does it work once you get it started? The one I looked at at Home Depot feels about 10 pounds heavier than the Mantis, which I think is a good thing. I was tempted to buy one today.
Has anyone here used both a Mantis and a Honda FG100 and compared them? Are there any other small tillers you can recommend that are just a little bit larger than these two? Something about 35 or 40 pounds with a 2 or 2.5 HP 4-cycle engine and a carrying handle would be about right...
Thanks, regards, Bob
I rented a Mantis several times and hated it, btw, and then realized it would be a lot more economical to own one. I researched, and bought the Honda. It is wonderful, starts on the first pull (unlike the Mantis) runs on straight gas, digs deep, doesn't bounce out of the ground. I highly recommend it! I use it several times a year. I even use it to start post holes & dig holes for large plants/trees..

I purchased the Honda four cycle tiller last year. It started the first pull out of the box.!!! It works great
Gary

right...

Never used a Mantis, but I have a FG100. Aside from the warning about causing cancer or some such in California, it works well.
When I was shopping around, the only other 4-cycle tiller in the same size range I came upon was a Sears Craftsman. I went with the Honda, because for the same price, I got an aerator blade attachment (but I think will go with core aeration in the future). Edging, digging, and dethatching attachments are also available. (The edging attachment seems kind of crazy to me, the regular tines seem to dig pretty well and the dethatcher is priced out of my gourd.)
I don't know if the Sears model can use different attachments.
This was 1-2 years ago.
Salty Thumb wrote:

I'm not worried about that cuz I don't live in California.

I bought a FG100 Friday night and tried it out yesterday. It starts easily and works like the Mantis is supposed to (but never did even when it was new.) I use it without the drag-bar or the wheels, and I like the extra weight -- it doesn't jump around as much as the Mantis, and it will dig down without having to pull it backwards. It even does a pretty good job of tilling under tough weeds. I haven't tried it in sod, but I don't need it for that.
It might be a little heavy for Grandma to carry around by the top handle, but that's why it has transport wheels (a nice touch, btw)
Bob