Homeowner's Use Timing Software to Control Watering Systems.

Hot Time Software targets the home gardener with user-friendly software that controls watering systems, hydroponics and lights from the computer. When water management and conservation play a big part in the homeowner's life, more people are turning to software to control sprinklers, sprayers, hydroponics and lights from the computer. This program enables the PC to connect to the outside world by using the printer or parallel port. Hardware can then be connected to the computer to control home automation using solenoids, relays and sensors.

Hot Time Software has four trial downloads available to cater for the needs of domestic, commercial and industrial applications. This software puts the user in a powerful position of operating devices set by time and day, with On, Off or Auto modes. The unregistered version has limited functions. The registered version allows the user to control up to 24 channels via 3 printer ports. Timer version 3, can take control of ventilation, pumps, heating and cooling, and light cycles (eg. 16-18 hrs light, 6-8 hrs dark) depending on your needs. A click of the mouse and sprinklers can be watering, turn a light on, the options are endless.

A customer quotes,"The possible uses for this software are amazing. We are currently only using a small part of the software to ring bells in the shop for lunch and break times (which is worth the price of the software!). However, I am looking into using it to also start and stop testing of valves and solenoids in the lab. All can be managed from one computer that doesn't have to be physically located in either area." And "I work on a small local-TV station in Norway, TVNord-Trøndelag. We use this software to control our late night and weekend broadcasts. After nearly (now) a year use, this software have never failed to get us On/Off Air."

The Hot Time Software web site has four programs available, Timer version 3, Timer (with pulses in seconds), Timer (with pulses in minutes) and Timer (Multiple Switching's with Pulses in Minutes). The web site also contains a forum, software features, screen shots, program and hardware description, connections and wiring diagrams, with frequently asked questions for easy install and operation of software.

Mick