Homemade creamy soda?

Just wondering, does anyone know if you can make homemade creamy soda?
Jen

With what? I'd guess you're in the wrong group since this is a gardening group.. YMMV!
Jen wrote:

I was just wondering, with the root beer question, and ginger beer. I guess creamy soda is a different thing all together.
Jen

Jen wrote:

root beer, you take the mix with sugar and yeast and bottle immediately, let ferment in the bottle a day or two and refrigerate. If you let it continue to ferment, you blow up the bottle. With beer, you ferment until most of the sugar is gone and complete fermentation in bottle. Too much sugar before capping and kaboom. This is appropriate for garden group because it is something to do with stuff from garden. I used to have three peach trees and made a lot of peach wine. Frank
Jen wrote:

Look up homemade root beer and try recipe with vanilla instead of root beer extract ;) Frank
Saved you some work in googling it. Check out: http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Cheese/Ginger_Ale_Ag0.htm
Super link with pics and a recipe for GINGER ALE; Just add Vanilla instead of Ginger. I'm going to try out the ginger-ale!
I don't understand why he advocates using bakers' yeast, as it will impart an unpleasant taste to the finished product. Use champaign yeast, available where they sell winemaking supplies, to avoid that problem. They usually also carry extracts and flavorings, such as root beer and cream soda.