home wreckers

I was just watching a show on MSNBC about contractors who do not belong offering services. What about these contractors who know nothing about trees, never dissected trees, piling mulch on the trunks of trees, improperly planting trees, improperly pruning trees going to be stopped? I just passed Raymore and Flannigan store and all the trees were mutilated. How do people who know absolutely nothing about trees get away with committing these crimes to trees and people who pay them for the treatments? Same with forestry, our own federal government is doing it on federal land. People, congressmen who know nothing about trees and their associates making decisions on the way National Forest are managed. If you are going to reveal home wreckers what about people that hurt trees for a living?

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere

Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
up "Tree Planting"
Mulching -
Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning

Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
Farming and Related Problems
John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist
Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless

Where did you get your botany or forestry degree from?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

John, I presume that your outrage is genuine but you can be oppressive in your presence. Some might think that you were just trolling for customers. Wait for an impelling reason to post is my advice. At least you are always on topic, which is more than I can say for myself and others. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't try too hard:-)

Reply to
Billy

If I were in need of services you offer or products you sell, or a friend asked me about your reliability, I would say that all I iknow for sure is yr a continuous spammer in newsgroups, and I would recommend against trusting such an outfit, as anyone who keeps making up advice no one actually needed exclusively as an excuse to post spam for his services websites and products would probably be sneaky about everything else to do with business too.

If you put your constant self-promotion in a signature file and stopped drawing big arrows to it, your commentaries might not look so exclusively like crooked spam-scams & might be taken as sincere whether or not misguided & inexpert.

It's only a secondary problem that the website you keep spamming people to visit is so gosh darn ugly-ass ultra-amateur. Get one of the kids to redesign it for you so you don't look like someone who probably couldn't plant two trees side by side without making them look misplaced and stupid just like the web design.

Also, get rid of such juvenile nonsense as that page "What to ask an arborist." This comes off as some sort of game to hoodwink teenagers, & they've got their dad's lawnmowers so won't be hiring you. The real questions to ask someone claiming to be a "tree biologist" or even an "arborist" is 1) Where did you serve your experimental garden internship;

2) what degree(s) from where; 3) are you licensed and bonded. Only a dork would tell someone they need to ask the arborist "why is a tree a battery" & it would take a medium-functioning Downs syndrome adult to take that advice.

It is vaguely possible you actually have an education in the areas you claim & the reason you seem like a fraud is because you communicate your expertise so badly -- failing, for instance, to indicate any credentials. You come off as a guy who read one book because you had a several copies to sell, attended four workshops one about trees and three about promoting a seedy internet business, got a few jobs mowing lawns & called that being a tree biologist, all on the basis of piffle & booze.

Honest to god that how you come off, & after looking around your ridiculous website I'd have to physically SEE your wacky-sounding "tree biology" degree in order to fully assess your mastery of photoshop.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

From his address, he is close enough to me to employ. Thanks to his posts, I know he is a tree man I would avoid. The guy I usually use is far too busy to waste his time spamming.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

The problems are the same if I am here or there.

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere

Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
up "Tree Planting"
Mulching -
Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning

Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
Farming and Related Problems
John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist
Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless

That's a good question for Rick Santorum. Opps thats right, he got removed. Oh well!

Never in the history of humankind have so many people talked and written so much about what they know so little about- the environment.

The only way to understand internal defects is to dissect trees and to touch all parts. People who have not done this should not talk about trees.

Too many people talk too much about what they have not touched.

People who have never dissected trees should not be allowed to talk about trees.

People who haven't dug out tree roots or dissected trees should not be allowed to talk about trees.

How many forestry schools actually teach about tree biology?

The Mississippi Valley Laboratory in St. Louis was established in 1899. Dr. Herman von Schrenk was the director. Studies on wood decay and discoloration were done mostly. In time, the studies drifted toward wood products. In 1907 the lab was discontinued and the Forest Products Laboratory at Madison, Wisconsin took over. The major focus of the lab was on wood products decay. Tree biology never had a chance.

Reply to
symplastless

So, you are self taught. I see. No degree. Nothing wrong with that necessarily. Just checking.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yup, no matter where you go, there you are:-)

Reminds me. What ever happened to Lum an' Abner? I used to love that show. You could fall asleep for ten minutes and not miss a thing.

Reply to
Billy

Very good self description of you, dead wood.

Beware a so called tree biologist/consulting arborist that has never studied biology.

Reply to
Don Staples

Reply to
symplastless

In my reality here, I tried mutilating Juniper ashe (blueberry version) trees. I cut some real ugly. Sheered the bark off in many cases. Piles of needles all over the trunk. My only purpose was to clear the tree branches for ease of riding lawnmower use. In other cases, I wanted to keep the tree, but allow more sun for the live oaks. So, I chainsawed all the branches to well over over my head height. Major butchery, mind you.

Tell use where you live. I would like to hold a tree-planting party at your place. We can plant sweet amber saplings all over your property. Then, in a decade or 2, we can have a reunion. And see the foundation of your house in ruin.

Quack, quack.

Reply to
Dioclese

And the answer to the degree question is? I don't have one, eh? Dave

Reply to
Dioclese

Apparently, you can't see the forest for the trees...

Reply to
Dioclese

I have a background in the studies of tree biology. My professor was one of the for most authorities world wide. I also taught tree biology from time to time.

am a self taught tree biologist. My resume is here:
common question to ask people to establish understandings is.

  1. How does bark form?
  2. Tell me at least 5 major anatomy differences between a woody root and a woody stem. You would be surprised how many so called tree experts that cannot answer those questions. I have other questions here with the page number the answers can be fiound.
    If you Dioclese can not afford a book, I will donate one to you. I.e., Tree Basics. I have donated thousands of these book to libraries, churches, schools etc. So I am not just in this for the money. I myself am keeping my messages simple and I keep repeating them. Most tree problems in urban areas are the following. I will be here posting while most critics will have moved on. I am here to help people. I make 0 money from my posting. The problems are so common that its a sin.

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive.

I wrote a dictionary here:

I am not on this news group often because I am updating the info in the dict. I have much information to add to the dictionary. Also, me posting about tree problems in a garden news group is not spam. I have a pretty good understanding of tree biology. If you need more techno info than I have I have sources in the USFS I would send you to. Most of the time this is not the case.

The things I like is seeing a tree have a major wound, ants come in at respect boundaries, than a pileated wood pecker makes cavities and then flying squirrels move in. We can see this in our time.

are similar activities that take many life time to complete in a natural forest. These are the ones that concern me. Short sited thinking is too common in forestry practices. Got to go!

Most critics will be gone and I will still be here with the same simple advice to help people with their trees.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere

Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
Mulching -
Pruning
Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
Farming and Related Problems
John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist
Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless

That's "foremost", not "for most", professor.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Oy gevalt.

Reply to