Home Depot politics

Page 2 of 4

Au contraire. Plenty of people moderate this newsgroup. ;) OK, plenty of people WANT to moderate this newsgroup. ;)

I don't see why it shouldn't be posted here.
Politics, especially environmental policies, have some relevance.
While I don't personally care which party Home Despot supports, I don't see any reason people should not be allowed to talk about it.
-
theoneflasehaddock
On 27 Jul 2004 15:36:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) opined:

Yes, that is true of Blank. He indeed does fund raise and has contributed a lot of money to the GOP over the years.

Republicans
want
I wouldn't doubt this. I saw an interview with him a few days ago. The guy came from the division of GE that made (bad) appliances and other hard goods. He didn't know a nut from a bolt. I wanted to throw a brick through the TV because everything that came out of his mouth sounded like the hypnotic jargon that you would hear from a sales seminar. I guess he never visits the stores, otherwise he might see that all the feel-good "team building" bull shit and new computer systems he promotes are worthless because the stores look like a tornado hit them and the employees know less about the products than he does. I seldom go to HD because I can get the same thing for a little less in a better organized and maintained Lowe's store across the street. I don't want to leave people with the impression that Lowe's doesn't have their own set of problems. They treated my mother very badly when she had them remodel her kitchen, but that is another story.
For people interested in tracking contributions to political campaigns, you might want to look at this site: http://www.fundrace.org/neighbors.php You can enter a street or a zip code and see the contributions of the people around you. You can also enter names. If you click on the name, it will show the contributions of everyone with that name. If you click on the address, it will show people in that area. There is interesting mapping system that shows how red, blue, or purple an are is.
Vox Humana wrote:

Since everyone is having so much fun yacking political BS that doesn't belong here, rather than start an argument about moderating the group and censorship and all that, why don't we just open the barn door and see what comes in.
It'll be loads of fun.
Bob
zxcvbob wrote:

The barn door was never closed. What you see is what you get.
--
Warren H.

==========
Eenie Meenie Chili Beanie zxcvbob is about to speak:

*peep*
** Captain Infinity
Captain Infinity wrote:

Thanks Cap'n, I was beginning to think nobody cared [sniff].
Best regards, Bob
Zemedelec wrote:

more of a

Republicans
lives,
might want

Based on third-hand information, we should boycott one store, but not the other? Are you saying the officers of Lowe's don't contribute to Republicans? Are you saying Lowe's officers contribute to Democrats? Do you have any real information, or are we going to go nuts based on a rumor?
Sheesh. If I didn't shop at any stores who's officers or executives gave to the Republicans, I wouldn't be able to shop at all.
There's a difference between political convictions and silliness.
BTW... Bill Gates is a Democrat. Does that mean Republicans with convictions don't use Microsoft products? Warren Buffet is a Democrat. Does that mean Republicans with convictions shouldn't patronize any companies who's boards he sits on? Silliness.
--
Warren H.

==========

Here is a link to Lowe's officers and directors: http://tinyurl.com/4655s
Here is a link to HD's officers and directors: http://tinyurl.com/6t9fl
Here is a link to search for political contributions: http://www.fundrace.org/neighbors.php
No need to base decisions of rumor.
BTW Gates and Microsoft gave to both parties
Shell

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I, personally, don't have the time nor inclination to delve into the political leanings of the owners of every chain or franchise that I might shop at. I also question posted opinions that tend to be one-sided. If one has that much time on their hands, their time would be better spent trying to make this country and planet a better place to live for all.
You may shop where you choose but don't try to tell me where I should shop. Free enterprise rules!!!

Republicans
want
On 27 Jul 2004 15:36:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) wrote:

Are you saying those that support republicans are not permeated with political convictions, or that they don't garden? Or are you just saying that anyone you disagree with should be boycotted and run out of business?
Swyck
(Zemedelec)

of a

Republicans
want
I wonder if Linda Ronstadt is a gardener?
<< On 27 Jul 2004 15:36:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) wrote:

political animal than I am told me HD is heavily supported by rich Republicans such as Arthur Blank, the president of Home Depot, who hosted a dinner in Atlanta that gave Bush $2.5 million. So any of you whose whole lives, including gardening, are permeated with their political convictions might want to go to Loew's, etc. if you need to buy at a big chain store.

____Reply Separator_____ Hey Zemedelec, to quote Terry Kerry, "Shove it!"
(Zemedelec)

of a

Republicans
in
want
I think that rude posts and name calling are what disrupt newsgroups, not off-topic posts.

I agree, and I think the original post was not only off-topic but rude, condescending, and disrupting.
Swyck

I hope it doesn't ruin the rest of your week.

Actually it made my day.
Swyck
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:44:28 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

There're just substandard gardeners relying on polluting solutions rather than gardening skill...