holes on gardenia leaves

Hello,
I have a 1G gardenia veiti in my family room by a southeast window. It's been two weeks. I put the 1G plant in a decorative pot with pebbles at the bottom. Is gardenia a slow grower? It came with 15 buds and I look at them everyday but no sign of blooming. I noticed that there are some holes start to appear on leaves. At first, it is a brown spot, then, the brown spot becomes thinner in the center and then it turns to be a hole!
Is my plant affected by some pest? What can I do? Should I move the pot outdoor to a northwest facing balcony?
Thanks a lot for all your help! How long does it take from buds to flowers? :-P
Tiff
I went to a nursery today and discussed with them about the issue.
I found many little greenish pests at the underside of the leaves. Also I saw some very small black particle at the underside, I'm not sure if they are pests of just some soil. The nursery people recommended "Ortho Bug-B-Gon Ready Spray". Do you have any experience with it? Effective? Since I place the gardenia indoor, I will have to spray it outdoor and bring it back in my family room after the solution dries up. Is there any hard to have sprayed plants indoor?
THanks a lot!
Tiff