Holes in Spinach leaves

Andy writes:
In my garden, I have a row of spinach that has holes in the leaves, like small bugs or something are eating them , and the spinach is not doing well.
I also have lettuce, which is perfectly healthy with no holes, radishes with greens that have no holes, and turnips -- no holes in the greens..... Also cantalope is vining out, and the leaves are OK there too.
Just the spinach has problems.....
So does anyone have a suggestion as to what likes to eat spinach but not other green, leafy stuff ?
Andy in Eureka, Texas
( Please don't say I have Popeye bugs :>)))) )
Sounds like earwigs. . .But it could be Popeye bugs;-)
Sorry, I couldn't help myself;-)
Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com
Could be slugs, too. As to why they're not attacking other leafy things, is your mulch different around various plants? Mulch is a quandary. You need it to keep the soil moist, but the slugs love living under it, too. Finally, the slugs may have your other stuff on their shopping list next. :-(

Flea beetles
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=spinach+flea+beetle&btnG=Searc h>