hole in tree? & E-ML addresses

I'm sorry to ask... but i don't seem to know how to reply privately to some inquiries because their e-mail addressess have an anti spam catch in it.
i thought all i had to do was to delete out the letters in their address like below "spamnot" and then what was left would be the correct address??? this doesn't seem to work for me though
could someone who has time& patience tell me what i need to do to reply to the person only and not the group??
thanks so much!!!

That should work.

right, a dot and a com, net, etc. and you should be okay (maybe not for .gov addresses and such, which have more segments and dots, but you should get the idea from the above).
good luck,.
K For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp . For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com /
jfrost wrote:

Some people munge their addresses only to avoid having their e-mail addresses harvested. Other people munge their address because they don't want public discussions made private. For example, there are some professionals here who very much enjoy participating in group discussions, but do not wish to become free, private consultants by moving those discussions to private e-mail. So before trying to unmunge someone's e-mail address, think about why they are munging their address, and why you think you need to have a private discussion. If it's just because you have a very, very specific question, you should probably just keep the discussion in the public forum it began in.
--
Warren H.