Hill side planting

I have a hill side that I have planted flowers and put rocks. I have mulched the area to keep the weeds out. The problem is that the mulch keeps running off the side of the hill when it rains and into the stones below and out into the street. What is the best solutions to keep the weed from growing and not cause such a problem? Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks GSM
What are you using for mulch?
Have you considered using gravel instead?

Ask for a refund - a professional should know better.
Thought you said you did all the work in your original posting.
Now you know why one definition for "professional" is simply one who gets paid to do a job rather than someone who knows what they are doing. Most contractors do what is cheapest and most expedient for them for them rather than what is best for the job. It is best to have them explain in detail what they are to do and have it in writing just in case they screw up the job.

You need a groundcover to hold the soil, stabilize the slope and reduce erosion. A good groundcover will also help to suppress weeds and retain soil moisture too. Tell us where you are, what the light conditions are and we can make specific suggestions.
pam - gardengal

Oh, Kudzu would work. ;-)
Jim Lewis - snipped-for-privacy@nettally.com - Tallahassee, FL - Only where people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

Here ya go!! http://www.ces.uga.edu/pubcd/L121.htm
pam - gardengal
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:42:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@dnet.net (DM) wrote:

Build terraced beds on the hillside, like a raised bed except it only has 3 sides.
Plant whatever you want in them.