Hick's yew -- question about roots

Hello, all: I have a Hick's yew in my backyard and am building a new garden box to hold three or four more. I'm not describing this very well, but what I need to know is how deep a Hick's yew's roots will go. The one I have right now is about 6-7 feet tall and ideally I'd like the new ones to grow to the same height, but I need to know how much room to leave for the roots.
Any information will be gratefully received!
David
WPB Wrote:

Hi David, The major concern would be the spacing. They will grow to 6' to 8 wide or more, so space them accordingly. http://tinyurl.com/96zpm
I'd say to make the boxes at least 3' deep or more. New
-- Newt
Many thanks! I looked everywhere on the internet and in the few gardening books I had, but it's a very specific question. I'm grateful for your expertise!

WPB Wrote:

David, you are very welcome. I meant to tell you that yews hav extensive root systems when they mature, so try and make your bo without a bottom so the roots can grow into the native soil.
New
-- Newt