Hibiscus and Scabiosa

My Hibiscus was flowering nicely for a few weeks, but now there aren't any blooms, or even any buds on it. Is it done for the year already? I thought they bloomed all Summer.
Also....I bought a Scabiosa (aka Pincushion flowers) about 3 weeks ago. It was full of blooms. Put it in the ground and it bloomed for maybe a week...now there aren't any blooms or buds on it either! I thought they bloomed all Summer too! Am I wrong?
Thanks for your expertise:) Angie
junkyardcat wrote:

I'm growing Scabiosa from seed (Olympia mix) and my notes say that it takes 90-110 days to flower and sucessive plantings every 2-3 weeks until mid summer will give the best quality flowers and pods. Other than that, I have no idea what they do and will be reading other responses with great interest. :)
Kate

any
thought
It
I sounds like you have the annual type of scabiosa. I assumed that the OP has the perennial type, Scabiosa Columbaria. I live in zone six and mine bloomed from very early spring though very late fall. It was semi-evergreen and seems to be happiest in cooler weather. There were sporadic flowers in the heat of the summer, but not as many in as in the spring and fall. It lasted about 3 years and then they all died one winter.