Hibicus

Any chance my hibiscus can survive the winter indoors? It has been such a trooper. Flowers from mid-May until now. Perhaps it isn't worth the hassle. It was our first one.

Thanks in advance. Paul Milwaukee

Reply to
Paul Paulsen

Please don't post in HTML to newsgroups. Thanks.

There's always a chance. ;)

Do you have a room with a southern exposure, and a lot of windows? That would be a good location. It won't need near the water that it has, and if you /really/ feel you need to feed it, use half-strength.

It'll be messy, though. Most leaves will probably drop, and then there's the whiteflies...

[rest snipped]

g/l

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

The message from "Paul Paulsen" contains these words:

That depends where you live and which hibiscus you've got.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Thanks in advance. Paul Milwaukee

You most certainly can (if it's a tropical hibiscus - they have shinier leaves than the hardy ones). Put it in a cool, well-lit area and water when dry. You will have leaf yellowing and drop and may have pest problems to control, but it will (should) live to see next summer.

Cheryl

Reply to
clc

Hundreds of people keep their tropical hibiscus inside in the winter. In some really cold areas, these plants never go outside.

See

Torpeau