Hibicus

Any chance my hibiscus can survive the winter indoors? It has been such a trooper. Flowers from mid-May until now. Perhaps it isn't worth the hassle. It was our first one.
Thanks in advance. Paul Milwaukee
Paul Paulsen said:

Please don't post in HTML to newsgroups. Thanks.

There's always a chance. ;)
Do you have a room with a southern exposure, and a lot of windows? That would be a good location. It won't need near the water that it has, and if you /really/ feel you need to feed it, use half-strength.
It'll be messy, though. Most leaves will probably drop, and then there's the whiteflies...
[rest snipped]
g/l
--

Eggs

-By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
Any chance my hibiscus can survive the winter indoors? It has been such a trooper. Flowers from mid-May until now. Perhaps it isn't worth the hassle. It was our first one.
Thanks in advance. Paul Milwaukee
You most certainly can (if it's a tropical hibiscus - they have shinier leaves than the hardy ones). Put it in a cool, well-lit area and water when dry. You will have leaf yellowing and drop and may have pest problems to control, but it will (should) live to see next summer.
Cheryl

That depends where you live and which hibiscus you've got.
Janet

Hundreds of people keep their tropical hibiscus inside in the winter. In some really cold areas, these plants never go outside.
See http://trop-hibiscus.com/gindr.html