Hermine Stover - what's that about? (2023 Update)

So what's the deal with this Hermine Stover?

Is she a reputable grower of bamboo and an expert on the plants or just some tattooed shaved headed freak that likes to troll newsgroups and scare little childred with her pit bulls?

Some say that the woman does the bizarre things she does because she is bipolar, what is your take on the subject?

Is this woman for real or what?

Enquiring minds want to know!!!!

Cereoid-UR12-

Hermine is not the real expert, although she originally grew bamboo long before I did. I am her husband, Roger. Hermine knows a great deal about many kinds of plants which are virtually unknown to me, but I have specialized in BAMBOO. I am using Hermine's computer today. Hermine wonders why her tattoos or general sense of fashion would even figure into a newsgroup about Bamboo. Hermine has been breeding and training and showing dogs all her life; some of her dogs are therapy dogs who visit shut-ins in hospitals and the like; this includes little children. I have put two obedience degrees on our dogs myself. "Freak" is an out-of-date term; however, Hermine, for example, is a tiny, trim person, she looks like a dancer, really and, unlike yourself, she does not weigh as much as the average family refrigerator. Some would say massive obesity is a form of freakishness. Steve, I look forward to meeting you someday at a convention of plant people. I feel a face to face meeting might clarify some of the misconceptions you have about my wife, with whom you seem obsessed. I am sure we can straighten this out, man to man.

Roger

Reply to
hermine stover

You've aleady had several opportunities in the past to meet me in person, "Roger Dodger using Hermine's computer today", and since that never happened, it is unlikely that it will happen in the future.

A man to man meeting would be most interesting. Who are you going to bring that is a man to represent you?

Since you have never met me nor know anything about me, your uninformed assumptions about me are quite humorous, "Roger Dodger using Hermine's computer today".

Freak is an out-of-date term? If so, you must be an anachronism stuck in the

60's!!!

I am looking forward to hearing more about Hermine from somebody else that has dealt with her other than "Roger Dodger using Hermine's computer today" or any of her other personalities!!!

Should we expect to hear from Hermine using Roger's computer tomorrow?

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Hmmmmmm.

I am new to the gardening newsgroups, but not new to newsgroups per se. One thing that I have found, in every set of groups with a similar focus, in this case gardening and botany, there are always one or two assholes. I think that I have just identified one of them, after reading this response and Googling back on Ceroid's posting history pretty well confirmed it.

Ceroid, or perhaps Hemorrhoid would be more apt, you are an idiot who jumps to conclusions with very little forethought. If Roger was indeed Hermine as you not very subtly imply, and as Hermine's using Forte Agent, it would have been a moment's work to change the sender and newsreader details, or to really obfuscate matters, post through Google.

Having seen how little thought you apply to things around you, I would be very wary of accepting anything you had to say as valid.

To others on these groups, Hi, my name's David May, I have just purchased my first property and am developing a strong interest in gardening, horticulture and permaculture. I discovered the 'roid's offensive post about Hermine whilst looking for information on bamboo, I am considering it for a privacy screen on a half-acre, lakeside property. I am worried about its propensity to get out of hand, and although quite prepared to mow new shoots etc., really don't want taking care of bamboo to occupy a large amount of my time in the garden.

To the, 'roid, the offensive little pissant, drop off!

David May

Reply to
David May

The roid as you put it is usually offensive, but if you ever visited and had seen the filth and squaller Hermine and Roger live in you'd, with any common sense, stay away from these nut bags.

Reply to
lvhippy

It is spelled SQUALOR. Nu, So live in the middle of an active landscape nursery. My husband and I have thus far purchased 5 fixer-uppers and renovated them. (it is an ongoing architect's hobby). A nutless bag can be a sad thing in a man, but it is a problem with which I shall not have to deal.

At least I do not have to be driven naked on a flatbed truck through a car wash in order to take a bath! I actually fit into a normal tub with room for my husband.

I would LOVE to stay and chat about this, but I would really much rather talk about bamboo. I have a list for that purpose, and if you send me a blank post at snipped-for-privacy@topica.com and follow that up with a brief introduction, you can access the thinking of lots of skilled bamboo fanciers. hermine

Reply to
hermine stover

Regardless of spelling it smells of human filth, toilets covered with rotting human shit 10 feet from your terminal. Kichen garbage rotting and molding while you pick through to find some value. It was a rotting mellon you were eating. FIlthy dogs liying in their ouw excrement and eating out of molded bowls with water bowls as green as any nasty puddle I'd ever seen

You live in stinking old trailors most humans haven't the stomach to step into. I especially remeber the one filed with under fed dogs and wall to wall feces

Bathing in shit is not a standard most here abid by.

Join a group therapy session and learn to live like human beings..then grow bamboo...if that's what you call that ratty mess... You called me today and yes I bought from you and was in you "fixer-uppers" better described as fetid trailers. Now go bathe...

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:02:24 -0700, "Tom Jaszewski"

I have no idea why you would cobble together such a fantasy....so MANY falsehoods. HOWEVER, I know you were never here. Perhaps this is some professional jealousy chaneled by a friend? I am no expert on mental pathology, but I surely know it when I see it; My guess is that you have been composting too long, and it has invaded your reality. I do not know as there is a therapy group for this.

ALSO...and this is just a matter of writing style-----I would invest in a thesaurus. you used the word "rotting" three times, "filth" twice...this is a paucity of vocabulary.

You are so obsessed with dirt on the outside. Best to pay some attention to the inner garbage, mate.

hermine

Reply to
hermine stover

VV Certainly, a thesaurus, that's a true failure compared to living in a human and animal fecal material. I told Juan and Dave I'd hush up, until you started spouting like world class experts growing from a shit hole. Would you like me to describe the VOW bus models and their condition. Or I could draw a rough map of the layout, you filthy frauds!

Denial is a ricer in Egypt....your getting more and more like Steve with every post. Lie rather than get well!

"fixer-uppers"

"fixer-uppers"

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

So I take it you will NOT be accepting the offer of a free six week vacation at Endangered Species Resort?

hermine

Reply to
hermine stover

wow a couple of used trailers filthy and run down are now a resort?

Reply to
louie

Hermine is a wonderful person, knowledgeable about many things, kind to people and animals.

Reply to
Roger Stover

replying to lvhippy, hermine stover wrote: you spell "squallor" wrong.

Reply to
hermine stover

replying to Cereoid-UR12-, hermine stover wrote: I see life has not been kind to you.

Reply to
hermine stover

Wow, a spelling correction for an abusive article/thread posted in 2003!

Please see

which fives some pointers about posting to the Usenet and why the home owners hub web site may not be the best way

Reply to
alan_m

I seem to be not dead yet.

Reply to