here's one for ya billybob

interesting numbers in there.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Well, how kewl is that! These folks didn't get so rich by being stupid

-- merely greedy and exploitative.

I've never set foot in one of their emporia. Overhe decades, Wal-Mart has killed countless mom & pop local stores by forcing down prices. And, BTW, forcing American merchants who would love to create jobs locally, to outsource to cheap foreign countries or get struck off Wal- Mart supplier lists.

Not to mention their discrmination against women, and the criminal abuse of employees by forcing them to work free off the clock or get fired.

So, thanks, but no thanks. When Wal-Mart presents credible evidence that they have remedied these practices AND repaid what they owe staff back into the past, I and others aware of their history might consider patronizing them.

HB

of the evil past will CONSIDER patronizing Wal

Reply to
Higgs Boson

> interesting numbers in there.

and another one that is interesting too:

songbird

Reply to
songbird

you are letting your dislike of some things get in the way of noticing how huge a difference they have made so quickly. did you even read the article and look at the numbers cited?

in a few short years they've made some real large changes. i think in spite of all the other negatives they may have in their business they do deserve recognition for their efforts.

they will make a difference much larger than many people who can't even be bothered to sort their trash for recycling.

consider this, they are changing based upon actual consumer demands right? isn't this a good sign for the environment and thus us people/consumers overall? i'd say it is one of the bright spots because it does show an actual shift in enough numbers that the bigger society is changing too.

higher gas prices and actually having a local product of distinction helps businesses out in the face of more distant price competition. wal-mart cannot out compete the chinese restaurant we like or the burger places we like or the local hardware that came and got our lawnmower, sharpened the blade and brought it back.

if i were a struggling business owner i'd pay attention to what i wrote in that last paragraph.

most people i hear who criticise business owners have never actually run a business. when i ask them how they would make their living if they had to do it on their own efforts and skills most people haven't a clue.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Everything is colored by his left wing thinking and class warfare.

I've done a few jobs required by Walmart that did not need to be done in the area of safety. I think they are a very responsible Co.

Reply to
Frank

Next thing you'll be telling me that Chevron is going green ;O)

Yes, what Wally World is doing is good, HOWEVER most of it seems to be reducing their petroleum profile. It needs to be noted that the price of petroleum is trending up. What Wally World has done is good Wally World, but I think that it is only a coincide that it's good for the environment. Then as the person from Santa Monica pointed out, Wally Worlds mega-stores impact on local business, local residents, and city streets. Cutting waste: win/win

Now if Wally World could buy produce and other goods locally, when possible, that would save petroleum, and leave some of the profits locally as well.

Reply to
Billy

Instead of characterizing me Frank, why don't you mention your right wing thinking and approach to class peace.

Be constructive.

Reply to
Billy

haven't seen any news stories on that one yet. if i do i'll pass it along.

if that is what it takes, Billy i'll consider it still a win in a major way that wasn't happening before.

always.

it's bound to happen eventually. petroleum at $500/barrel at some point in the future. they'll be excavating land-fills to get at the plastics/metals for recycling. :) that's gonna be fun. probably a bit past my time tho.

songbird

Reply to
songbird