Herbicides/weed killers - active ingredients? Effectiveness?

I am trying to find out some information about some different herbicides/weedkillers, and the effect they would have on trees if applied to the roots (in solution). The active ingredients in each of these three herbicides are:

Product 1: 225 g/kg Glyphosate, 450 g/kg Simazine Product 2: 750g/KG Chlorthal Dimethyl Product 3: 67.5g/Kg Dichlobenil

Reply to
Gas Bag

Is your goal to get rid of the trees, or other stuff growing around the trees?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What kind of information?

Dangerous Bill

Reply to
Bill Penrose

If worse comes to worse Google it.

Reply to
Billy

Glyphosate is absorbed through the leaves, not the roots.

Reply to
Ron Jones

I do not provide that type of information to the public. I.e., for obvious reasons. However if you have a question on proper tree care I would be glad to help you out.

Reply to
symplastless

The original message sounds like a famously stupid one I saw in a cooking group about a year ago.

Subject line: Can I make lasagna at home? Message: How?

That's all. Just "How?" Not a clue as to whether the OP wanted to make the finished dish, or make the noodles from scratch. Nothing. And of course, the idiot never came back to expound on the subject any further.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This individual is neither a consulting forester, tree expert, arborist, or biologist. He is, however, a fraud.

Reply to
Don Staples

Don Staples claims to be a forester. His website address is

refuses define what a forester is to him. DON STAPLES please define what a forester is.

However I have a very strong background in TREE BIOLOGY.

define a forest at
I often make decisions regarding forest health based on tree biology.

ALSO,.

Reply to
symplastless

OK, you two have a feud going on elsewhere. Don't foul sci.chem with your nonsense.

Reply to
David Bostwick

Reply to
Don Staples

Come on kids, you're disturbing the neighbors. They don't love our wittle wood-cutter and our big, strong, back alley, tree surgeon the way that we do or, they would have drowned you in the alkanox sink. They are kinda cute when they are asleep. We kinda kept hoping that they would be the new Lum and Abner. Sorry that they got out but they keep digging holes under the fence.

Reply to
Billy

Phone Don Staples to kill the tree roots. He hates trees.

Don Staples claims to be a forester. His website address is

check it out for yourself.

He refuses define what a forester is to him. DON STAPLES please define what a forester is.

However I have a very strong background in TREE BIOLOGY.

define a forest at
I often make decisions regarding forest health based on tree biology.

ALSO,.

Reply to
symplastless

There are some good chemistry articles regarding tree chemistry here for those who like to read well written stuff.

Troubles in the Rhizosphere and A Touch of Chemistry to name two.

Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Forester & Tree Expert

of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Specifically people like Don Staples who claim logging and salvaging is in the interest of forest health.
He flunked tree anatomy. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless

Billy

What, you did not have any friends when you were a kid? Sad!

Reply to
symplastless

This individual is neither a consulting forester, tree expert, arborist, or biologist. He is, however, a fraud.

Reply to
Don Staples

Doubtful. This feud has been going on for a while, they just exported it here.

One of the times a killfile is your friend.

Reply to
David Bostwick