Help with Orchid needed

Our Orchid is in fine shape with an abundance of blooms. However, when these blooms wilt, will the plant go into dormancy ? For how long ? It has been suggested that we cut the plant in half. Is this true, and if so, how do I cut ours since it has a side branch ? I have taken two pictures which may be seen at http://album.freeprohost.com Thanks !
Ben Tuinman wrote:

Hybrid orchids can bloom twice a year. True strains bloom once a year.
William W. Plummer wrote:

I am not the orchid expert at all and wrote here earlier after I got a "moth orchid" for Valentine's Day. The flowers lasted a week or so and then dropped. I just left the plant alone and keep it moist in a south glass brick window. I thought maybe it was going to seed, as something was forming on the old flower stalks. Turns out they were buds and it's flowering again now. I am glad that I didn't trim the plant.