Help with Mantis Tiller transmission repair

I think there is a loose object in my tillers transmission case. It will run a bit and then sieze. If I take the transmission off and turn it backwards by hand or wrench it eventually clears up. I can then put it back togerhter for a brief run. I may try to wash it out with solvent first and see if something solid falls out but if that doesn't work I'll need to take it apart. It seems pretty simple and not many parts but I've never dealt with some of the stuff like the bearing retainers on the axle. How do I take this thing apart? Anybody know?
On Monday, October 11, 2010 9:42:59 PM UTC-4, Bobo wrote:

Hi, You just described the problem I had exactly. In my case, the worm gear had broken. I found a replacement set of gears along with a spare transmission housing on ebay for $45. Here is a good link to help you get the tine shaft off... http://www.fixya.com/support/t2127031-tine_shaft_removal_mantis_2_cycle_tiller Hope all goes well!!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sadly Bobo fell under the Mantis in the Christmas of 2010 and was composted. His roses live on as a memorial to his skill and of course his protein.
David