Help with dune/sand plantings

We recently purchased a cottage that sits on a huge sand dune/bluff over-looking Lake Michigan. There are numerous beech, oak, cedar, white pine, white birch trees growing around the cottage. I would like to add some smaller plantings along the bluffs edge to give the edge of the yard and slopes some definition.. There are deer and porcupines that just love to nibble on everything.......so I need suggestions on flowers that will survive the animals and the winters of northern Michigan AND grow in the sand.......no problem right?????!!!!

Reply to
Sherri

Hi Sherri,

With your permission I'll forward your query to a friend of mine who is quite expert in wetland/riparian/coastal horticulture...

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

Please do........that would be very helpful and I sure do appreciate it!

Reply to
Sherri