Help with Dogwood

I am hoping someone can give me some advice/help. My recently planted dogwood tree looks dead after a month. All the leaves are withered and crisp. It's been a rainu spring. 've been working to keep a lot of excess water away from the tree, but my efforts now seem in vain. Is there any hope for this tree or will I need to replace it. Thanks in advance. Nanci
Photos and location info world help, but it sounds like anthracnose disease. On an established plant maybe not such a big deal; on a small, newly installed one may be more of a problem. Where are you, how big is the plant, is it a cultivar, etc... Need more info
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC
Nanci Donacki wrote:

Your tree was planted too deeply. It is dead. Replace it.

I wish I had you level of insight. Very impressive.
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

Dogwoods, particularly in southern climates, don't like full sun.
Thanks for all the advice. The tree is about 4 feet tall, and is located in full sun. Guess I'll need to replace it with something else. Thanks again. -ned

I'm in Houston and the latest I plant these is March. They are cool season plants and bloom very early spring down here. Yours may have had blooms if planted a month ago. If you are on the same parallel as Houston and planted one of these a month ago, it may have been too late. I normally transplant these in Dec Jan.
http://www.noble.org/imagegallery/Woodhtml/RoughleafDogwood.html http://www.magnoliagardensnursery.com/productdescrip/Cornus_Rough.html
Nanci Donacki wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky