Help with a wierd succulent plant "African" sanseveria

I got this at a garage sale today. The tag says African Sanseveria. I have done a google search but I can't find it anywhere. It's a beautiful plant, several thick spikes about 2inches in diameter and tapering to a point. The highest spike is about 3 feet tall and the spikes are ridged. I really need to know how to take care of it since it will be inside. The guy I bought it from said it was in the Mother-in-law family
As usual any help is appreciated
Shell
Since almost all but a few Indian species and two in Arabia and Madagascar each are from Africa, that doesn't narrow it down at all.
There are several species with pointed cylindrical leaves. So that doesn't help narrow it down either.
However, I suspect you have the very widely grown Sanseviera cylindrica.
It is just as easy to grow as the common Sansevieria trifasciata.

have
The
need
it
Just looked up the Sanseviera cylindrica and that's definitely it. Thanks :) From what I'm reading I should be able to grow it inside this winter. Got a spot all picked ot for it.
Shell

plant,
bought
".........The guy I bought it from said it was in the Mother-in-law family........"
Sanseveria. known as "Mother in Laws Tongue"
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Your succulent is most probably Sansevieria trifasciata commonly known as 'mother-in-laws tongue'. Originating in West Africa and is of the Agavaceae. They require a minimum temperature of 50F and very little water. From Spring to Autumn let it dry out totally before watering. Will be quite happy indoors in a semi-shaded position. Very weak liquid manure at monthly intervals during summer months is all that is needed to maintain health and the normal slow growth. Do not re-pot unless very necessary. Best Wishes. B[UK]

have
The
need
it