Help! Which Hydrangea?

Hi,

Can anyone offer any advice as to which Climbing Hydrangea would be the best choice to go for?

I've been looking at the Evergreen Hydrangea Seemanii and the Hydrangea Petiolaris.

I've heard they are slow to establish, is that the same for both varieties, or is one quicker than the other?

Also, from what I've read, the H. Seemanii can be damaged in hard winters. One account I read mentioned that his didn't recover until September the following year! Is it normal for UK winters to damage the evergreen shrub this severely? And if so, would it make more sense to go with the deciduous Petiolaris?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to