Help to identity a flower?

Hello,

I received a valentines bouquet with pink-trimmed white roses along with another type of flower which I would love to identify. Here is a description of the flower:

1) The small flowers are in clusters of various size, each cluster has its own stem. Each flower is smaller than a dime.

2) The flowers are white with a slight pinkish hue here and there, the closed bud of the flower is mauve/purplish

3) Each flower has 5 petals with a single stamen (?) in the very center surrounded by a cirle of little seeds (circle of seeds line the bottom of the petal)

4) The center of the flower is deep like a cup and could hold a drop or two of water

5) The flowers have a mellow yet intoxicating fragrance

6) The flowers are sturdy. The roses are all wilted already, but these flowers are still in great shape

7) The leaves on the stems of these flowers are like little spears, similar to a rosemary leaf. The most interesting thing about the leaves is that they give off a strong fragrance when crushed, almost like a kaffir lime or lemongrass aroma.

If anyone here is familiar with this flower I would love to know what it is so I can plant it in my garden.

Thanks for your help!

Lickity Splickets

Reply to
Lickity Splickets

Sounds like Chamelaucium uncinatum, aka Geraldton Waxflower. Common in arrangements and bouquets.

Reply to
Elizabeth

Bingo!! I did a Google images search for Chamelaucium uncinatum and Geraldton Waxflower and there it was, right on the money. Thank you so much, I'm thrilled!

Elizabeth wrote:

Reply to
Lickity Splickets