Help - Something eating my indoor Nasil - new to gardening!

Hi there,

I am new to gardening and herbs, and have been growing some basi indoors in my kitchen. I think I've got the watering down to a T an the plant is growing nice and healthy and strong, with lots of ne leaves and growths, and some flowers just appearing on the top!!

But, the problem is, it appears to be being eaten by some tiny lillt bugs. If i shake the plant, lots of them fall off, and they are leavin the leaves all peppered with tiny dark brown dots, and causing th leaves to shrivel and nearly die.

I have taken a pic of one leaf, and a bug that came off (for scale) an a close up of the bug, which is about 1mm long (no idea what that is i old money - sorry!):

Can anyone advise what might be eating my plants, and how to get rid o them, making sure the plant is nioce and healthy for human consumption Many thanks in advance

Cocksy

Reply to
cocksy_boy

No - soapy water will not harm the plant. It is one of the recommende organic methods of dealing with insect pests. You can use ordinary han soap, leaving the soap in the water for about 10 minutes to make sur the solution has enough fat to smother the pests. You then spray th leaves. What I then do is spray again after an hour or two with plai water.

The reason for taking off the flowers is that the plant will put al its strength into the flower in order to produce seed. By removing th flowers, the plant is forced to continue to grow. It is best with mos herbs to remove the flowers, but you can always grow a separate plan just for the flowers if you want them. With the shrubby herb [rosemary/sage/bay/thyme] you don't need to be as rigorous. You ca wait till the flowers are dropping and then prune the shrub

Reply to
beccabunga

Thank you so much for your help - I'll give it a go straight away! Thanks again!

Reply to
cocksy_boy