Help solve our garden mystery and win.....

"Baine Carruthers" wrote in news:W snipped-for-privacy@ctc.net:

Respectfully, I don't know why you would say that. Bloodmeal is a very effective deterrent against all rodents, as well as deer, racoons, and opossum. They abhor the odor and shy away from any area where it is laid.

Reply to
David Bockman

David

That's the difference between you and I. I speak from experience, you're showing your ignorance, especially when you included rodents in your claim.

I recently visited the northeast VA/ DC area to quote a project. I usually visit the local garden shops. Several do carry bloodmeal, some with other ingredients. Seems like it hasn't done much for the rats in that area.

Reply to
Baine Carruthers

"Baine Carruthers" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ctc.net:

What a pleasant thing to say. Good day to you.

Reply to
David Bockman

My guess would be squirrels, either trying to bury nuts or trying to find nuts previously buried.

It might be the *mulch* that is desirable -- you might try raking away the mulch from a section of the bed and see what effect that has, if any.

Another possibility is a cat, but I would think if it were using the mulch as a litterbox, you would have found some evidence.

Anne Lurie NE Raleigh

Reply to
Anne Lurie

Reply to
capricornrising2002

We get a similar result and it's from Blackbirds.

Cheers

Rissin

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Wrote:

-- rissin