HELP - Slugs in rose bushes - Any remedies ?

HELP - Slugs in rose bushes - Any remedies ?

Pcik them off.

Get rid of the roses.
paghat wrote:

Not an option <grin>
'Ole Curmudgeon wrote:

I have found that if you use a systemic Rose care product (Bayer and Ortho are two brands that I know of) you won't have slug problems.
I would hand pick them off the plants and check the base of the plant. They like to hide in the mulch that many of us put around our Roses. There are also some products that you can use to attract (and kill) the slugs. If you want to use a non chemical product use stale beer (open a can and let it sit all day). Put it in shallow cups around your plants and the slugs will craw in and drown.
This page of my web site, http://members.iglou.com/brosen/page6.htm has some pictures of my Roses and there are others on my web site.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850
Bill R wrote:

Thanx for tips....."Nice garden !"
'Ole Curmudgeon wrote:

You are welcome. Good luck with your Roses.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

Get ducks. They love slugs. ;)
Awwwww Slugs got eat too don't they not like they can march into welfare offices and get foods stamps EQUAL RIGHTS FOR SLUGS :-) kkidding really just alot of liberal talk lately On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:21:47 GMT, don' snipped-for-privacy@there.com (The Watcher) wrote:

Also, an old farmer's trick - put beer in pans around the base.

Do you think slugs to ducks is like peanut butter to us? Sticks to roof of mouth. Wonder if they quack like Qynack Qynack after swallowing a slug.
jennifer summers