Help Please (re: pooling water)

I have a small problem with water pooling on the sidewalk in front of my house. The area is about 3 feet long and sits between two beds. I thought the problem was that the gutter was dumping right there and was adding more water than the area could handle, well we rerouted the water and after a storm last night the puddle was back although the size had diminished a bit.
I am having work done on the yard right now so it is a good time to do something. I just had the yard regraded and resodded. I was wondering if I should put a catch basin in the bed on the lower side of the side walk and hope that takes care of it.
Any other ideas?

Is the sidewalk cupped in the middle?