Help, please

I am presently engaged in a silly argument.

The question is: Is sauerkraut a vegetable? I would appreciate any learned opinions.

Thanks !!!!!!

-- Luckyslim

Reply to
Luckyslim

Sauerkraut is a dish made with cabbage. Cabbage is a vegetable.

If you define a vegetable as a something you can grow, you can't grow sauerkraut. (You can grow cabbage to make sauerkraut, however.)

If you define a vegetable as a type of food, sauerkraut is a vegetable as much as sausage is a meat, or bread is a grain.

Reply to
Warren

In fact it's made of shreaded cabbage that's put in and aged in a barrel, not sure if it's saltwater or something else, but when I was in Germany, the eating places outside of town would have a fresh barrel just outside the door and they'd get it from there for the orders of it and it was good too!

Reply to
Starlord

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

AT:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Reply to
dr-solo