Help on this trouble grass

I am really struggle how to "permanently" eliminate this type of weed on my brick patio. Using the weed killer called ROUNDUP does not really work --- it only makes some of the leaves turned yellow, and then the young ones come back in a day or so.
What is interesting is that I actually put some landscape fabric on before we laid the bricks. It sounds like the grass pokes thru the fabric !
Please see the image on the link below:
http://tinypic.com/537zqsm.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6767nl1.jpg
Does anybody in this forum know a better way to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance
JIMMY
JS wrote:

Nutsedge...it can grow through the hard plastic kiddie pools if left in place for the Summer. "Manage" probably would get it after a couple of applications but it might be pricey for using it in a small area as a patio.
Lar

Seeds are falling into the cracks, then growing from there. There are seeds dropping into the cracks and growing from there (Do you have nearby bird feeder?) RoundUp can take a week to work after treatment. If you want more-immediate results, you can use a propane torch. Then apply a pre-emergent product (such as Preen) and sweep it into the cracks--it should be safe to the bricks and the application will last many weeks.

Haven't really tackled my own brick patio (which has more weeds than yours) yet. But a few techniques (in addition to those which were posted) are:
* boiling water
* cover with a tarp or other opaque object long enough to kill them from lack of light
I'd love to figure out a way to outcompete the weeds with moss or something attractive (most of my cracks are bigger than the ones at
http://tinypic.com/537zqsm.jpg although irregular due to poor installation and/or years of settling). But I'm not sure how easy that is going to be. My neighbor has a dwarf mondo grass which works well for him, but his cracks are bigger (designed for this), and it did take a while (as a slow-growing plant).
where can I buy the weed killer called RoundUp? tnx
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1190711056.475923.304690@ 19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

Pretty much everywhere: Kmart, Walmart, TSC, Lowes, Home Depot, plant nurseries, etc. Where are YOU?
I am really struggle how to "permanently" eliminate this type of weed on my brick patio. Using the weed killer called ROUNDUP does not really work --- it only makes some of the leaves turned yellow, and then the young ones come back in a day or so.
What is interesting is that I actually put some landscape fabric on before we laid the bricks. It sounds like the grass pokes thru the fabric !
Please see the image on the link below:
http://tinypic.com/537zqsm.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6767nl1.jpg
Does anybody in this forum know a better way to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance
JIMMY
Roundup worked for me for about 2 months. Used 2 applications as the Bermuda grass was being stubborn. Followed directions, including sunny warm day criteria. Location: gravel driveway. 4" sub-base, and compressed. Local weeds are beginning its takeover, Bermuda grass is still brown.
Dave

Just noticed this message; goes back a way; you may have solved your problem.
In case not, I suggest pouring boiling water on the weeds. They'll turn yellow and die with a few days, and -- in my experience -- will not come back.
Be carefully handling the H2O.
Persephone.