help on IDing cactus seed

hi folks,
i got 2 packets of mixed cactus seed, labelled as mixed seed. i wonder if anyone could provide me with some pointers on how to ID them.
both packets were from different brands but they contain the same three types. i take this as that either they are the 3 most common or cheapest seeds or that they are the threee most easy to grow.
-one type looks like a small shrivelled pea. -the other is small, black and shiny and bean shaped. reminds me of a flea without legs -the other is similar in shape and colour but much larger.about 5mm long
Any idea what they are? Thanks
Sam
Sam, you are one cross-posting maniac.
You are asking the same freaking question on rec.gardens, sci.bio.botany, uk.rec.gardening and who knows where else but it doesn't matter where you post it because the answers will still be the same. You can't ID Cactaceae from the seeds alone. Next time don't buy Cactaceae as mixed seed because you are getting a pig in a poke and you shouldn't expect anything choice to come from them. Expect to get plants of the junk species or unidentifiable garden hybrids.
*************************
Cactaceae are extremely variable in seed form but it is very difficult to identify species by the seeds because species in different genera can have similar looking seeds.
Grow plants from the seeds. Wait until they bloom and then you can have them identified.

most computer weenies call that multi-posting (posting seperately to multiple newsgroups).
Crossposting = posting one message to multiple newgroups by specifing multiple groups in the newsgroup line
Okay then,
Sam, you are one multi-posting maniac.
We can forget about Sam's original question and now quibble over computer weenie lingo!!!
Are you happy now, Salty?

yay! but I rather quibble over whether Sam is actually a maniac or only marginally perturbed.
Let's ask him what is the better substitute for water, hydrofluoric acid or ammonia.

this reply, I'm sticking to rec.gardens). It was crossposted to rec.gardens, sci.bio.botany and uk.rec.gardening.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Ah, yes, I see that now. Cereoid crossposted because of the multiposting. Sorry, took a bit!
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA