help needed on gardening quiz question?

I have almost completed a gardening quiz but am stuck on just one question. All the answers to the questions in the quiz have to relate to flowers, trees or plants. Here goes the clue:
"it sounds as if this insect is resting or dead"
I have no idea what this could be so would value your help.
Thanks Helen