Help needed for a memory tree

Hi Everone.

This is my first time on the forum and I am hoping to get some advice, let me explain........ I am very new to gardening, so new that I have just had my garden blocked paved because I couldn't cope with the grass!! I now have a lovely garden with a few big pots with plants in, my mum carefully selected for me and that I enjoy tending to.

Now here comes the question, I have recently suffered a loss and would like to plant something in their memory. I am getting a largish, tallish pot and would like something that doesn?t need too much care (I don?t want that to die on me too), something with a bit of height and something that produces lovely flowers/colours. I already a rose tree so am looking for something different.

This is probably as clear as mud but I?m looking forward to receiving some advice.

Thanks

Reply to
bub1234

I don't think anything planted in a pot is going to be much of a lasting memorial, even bonsais die when the caretaker can't... remove a few blocks and plant something directly in the ground... a ginkgo tree would be nice, it'll grow very slowly and with no care at all will live a couple thousand years:

brooklyn1

Hi Bub The following info would be helpful:

1/ where in the world are you? we need climate info. (since you spell "colours" I am guessing somewhere in the UK) 2/ What is the site like: morning sun, afternoon sun, all day sun, no sun at all......... 3/ What exactly is the size of a "largish, tallish pot"???

It's very nice of you to plant a Memory Plant. Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca