Help me please to find the name of the flower!!!

hi
I found a very nice flower in the garden of my friend's neighbours (sounds a bit funny) I did only a picture, but didn't ask the name here is the picture http://design-and-decorate.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-is-name-of-flower.html
I like this flower, so I want to have it in my garden
so if someone know what is the flower in the pic, please, let me know
thanks people!!!!!

It's a common daylily (Hemerocallis). Even though they're not true lilies, not bulbs, don't have dark spots on the petals and have a different habit, some people often confuse them with tiger lilies (Lilium tigrinum). Such are the vagaries of vernaculars.
On 1/31/2011 10:59 AM, Nelly wrote:

Agree and might add that they call them day lilies because they only last a day. You can't expect to cut them and make them last.
On 1/31/11 4:29 PM, Frank wrote:

However, established plants will have a group of buds at the end of a stalk. As one flower dies, another blooms. When the last bud opens and the flower then dies, you should cut the stalk. A new stalk will appear in about a month or so.
After a while, a daylily plant will form a clump of plants, each with a flower stalk. From some varieties, you will eventually have flowers continuously from late spring, through the summer, and into the fall. Actually, a few of mine have flower buds right now; I expect them to bloom in about a week or less. But that's what happens when daytime winter temperatures are in the 70s (F). :)
Note that some daylily varieties might bloom only 2-3 times a year. The rest of the year, they are merely masses of green foliage. The photo resembles a variety in my garden that is like that. When it blooms, it's majestic; but that is not often. The ones in my garden that seem to have flowers all summer are a golden yellow.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

..

..

ies,

bit,

ch are

and

-

I'm going to try the stalk cutting. Usually don't get more than a few weeks of flowers. May be different here in mid east coast where my daylillies essentially die back in the winter. They share a bank with vinca minor and compliment each other very well. When the daylillies grow they do so faster than the neighborhood deer can eat them. I think some people may eat them too ;)
Since you're on the east coast, expect at most 2 or 3 reblooms unless its something like Stella D Oro, which can bloom all summer.