help me find my perfect evergreen

Hi all,
I'm redoing my foundation planting and looking for an evergreen to replace my sickly azaleas. The qualities of the evergreen that I'm looking for are given below, starting with the most desirable given first.
1. Nice foliage, green all year long (to zone 5) 2. Good companion to Emerald Green Arborvitae 3. Neat appearance 4. Low maintenance (little to no trimming/pruning needed) 5. Medium to fast growing but matured height is 3 1/2 feet
Much thanks,
Audrey
Hanokii cypress. Awesome structure and foliage, beautiful tree.
--

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Cephalotaxus harringtonia 'Duke Gardens'.
Dave

On 19 Nov 2004 07:01:12 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (audrey) wrote:

Consider a holly. There are many varieties. I have Oregon Grape root (looks like a holly but it's not) that is about 3-1/2 foot high. It does not seem to be bothered by pests nor deer. You should also consider the conditions (light, pH, moisture, etc)
You could also use evergreen boxwood - the small-leafed varieties are hardy to zone 5 at least. Most top out no higher than 3-4 feet.