help me find my perfect evergreen

Hi all,

I'm redoing my foundation planting and looking for an evergreen to replace my sickly azaleas. The qualities of the evergreen that I'm looking for are given below, starting with the most desirable given first.

  1. Nice foliage, green all year long (to zone 5)
  2. Good companion to Emerald Green Arborvitae
  3. Neat appearance
  4. Low maintenance (little to no trimming/pruning needed)
  5. Medium to fast growing but matured height is 3 1/2 feet

Much thanks,

Audrey

Reply to
audrey

Hanokii cypress. Awesome structure and foliage, beautiful tree.

Reply to
madgardener

oops, sorry, it sent before I realized you wanted shorter. check out the dwarf evergreens for what you're wanting, even a Mungo pine has awesome shape and texture and needs no maintenence for what you're looking for.

Reply to
madgardener

Cephalotaxus harringtonia 'Duke Gardens'.

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

Consider a holly. There are many varieties. I have Oregon Grape root (looks like a holly but it's not) that is about 3-1/2 foot high. It does not seem to be bothered by pests nor deer. You should also consider the conditions (light, pH, moisture, etc)

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
gregpresley