help! identifying this plant/tree pics included

Hi All
I just got this plant yesterday. It was given to someone I know 1
years ago and was apparently "tiny" then. All its lowe leaves have died recently and the owner gave it to me as they thin its unsightly now I moved into a new and bigger pot because the old ove was v small, figured this may have caused it to wither I was in a chinese resaturant last night and they had a very simila plant, but with all its leaves pruned except for the lush green a the top. v. similar but I just want to check what kind of plant/tree it is so that I ca look up the proper care, watering and/or pruning instructions
Thanking y'all in adavanc
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenlavan/detail?.dir=/45ccscd&.dnm 26scd.jpg&.src=p
[img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenlavan/detail?.dir=/45ccscd&.dnm a9scd.jpg&.src=ph[/img [img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenlavan/detail?.dir=/45ccscd&.dnmVbdscd.jpg&.src=ph [/img [img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenlavan/detail?.dir=/45ccscd&.dnm dbscd.jpg&.src=ph[/img [img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenlavan/detail?.dir=/45ccscd&.dnm 62scd.jpg&.src=ph[/img
hope photos display correctly. they're bad quality
cheers
ok, the shots didn't display properly but U should be able to cut an paste url
any help really appreciated
thanks
It looks a "little" bit like an overgrown Lucky Bamboo. I found an image out on the net that looks more like your's, than most.
I have a Lucy Bamboo in my kitchen. It was really nicely trained when I got it, with little shoots where they belonged, etc. But, now it looks a bit out of sorts - like your's.
Perhaps someone can help us both. . .Here's the link to the picture I found out there on the net:
http://www.fukubonsai.com/Green_lucky_bamboo_72dpi_4.5x6V.jpg
Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com
Its about 5.5 foot high now if that helps
any ideas