help! identifying this plant/tree pics included

Hi All

I just got this plant yesterday. It was given to someone I know 1

years ago and was apparently "tiny" then. All its lowe leaves have died recently and the owner gave it to me as they thin its unsightly now I moved into a new and bigger pot because the old ove was v small, figured this may have caused it to wither I was in a chinese resaturant last night and they had a very simila plant, but with all its leaves pruned except for the lush green a the top. v. similar but I just want to check what kind of plant/tree it is so that I ca look up the proper care, watering and/or pruning instructions

Thanking y'all in adavanc

?.dir=/45ccscd&.dnm=9da9scd.jpg&.src=ph[/img[img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenlavan/detail?.dir=/45ccscd&.dnm=56bdscd.jpg&.src=ph[/img[img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenlavan/detail?.dir=/45ccscd&.dnm=c0dbscd.jpg&.src=ph[/img[img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenlavan/detail?.dir=/45ccscd&.dnm=a162scd.jpg&.src=ph[/imghope photos display correctly. they're bad quality

cheers

Reply to
sidiousfidious

ok, the shots didn't display properly but U should be able to cut an paste url

any help really appreciated

thanks

Reply to
sidiousfidious

Its about 5.5 foot high now if that helps

any ideas

Reply to
sidiousfidious

It looks a "little" bit like an overgrown Lucky Bamboo. I found an image out on the net that looks more like your's, than most.

I have a Lucy Bamboo in my kitchen. It was really nicely trained when I got it, with little shoots where they belonged, etc. But, now it looks a bit out of sorts - like your's.

Perhaps someone can help us both. . .Here's the link to the picture I found out there on the net:

Jeffcoat

Myrl Jeffcoat