Help Identifying Shrub Please

[image:
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt116/LizzieDee/IMG_0090-1.jpg]
Sorry it's a bit big (I struggle with pictures!). And I hope this post is in the right place.
Can anybody tell me what this is please? The information I have is that it grows rapidly in both height and spread; has pink flowers and the leaves take on a reddish tinge in the winter.
The leaves are small, dull and soft, a light green and very slightly serrated, and not in pairs. The leaf stems are reddish.
This plant was a cutting and it's in it's first year.
The lady I got it from called it 'Rampant Rain'.
I'd like to know a bit more about it before I plant it in the garden.
Thank you - hope you can help.
--
Sadge

In terms of pixels, it's a bit small.

Judging by the scale implied by the car, the leaves aren't all that small (2-3 inches long?)
From the picture I would tentatively suggest a willow (in which case keep it away from your garden), but willows are deciduous and don't have pink flowers.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

No, it's not a tree - it's a shrub, and as you say Willows don't have flowers and are deciduous, so I know it's not a willow. The leaves are perhaps a shade over 1" (it's a small car!):)
--
Sadge

Sadge;926086 Wrote: > [image: >
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt116/LizzieDee/IMG_0090-1.jpg]

> is in the right place.

> it grows rapidly in both height and spread; has pink flowers and the > leaves take on a reddish tinge in the winter.

> serrated, and not in pairs. The leaf stems are reddish.

Hi Sadge, From the picture, which is a bit vague on my screen, I'd opt for maybe Hoheria but it doesnt have pink flowers as far as I'm aware ? You say that it doesnt grow into a tree but if thats its first year then it looks to me as if its going to grow very big indeed ??
Lannerman.
--
lannerman

lannerman;926198 Wrote:

I was told that it spreads and spreads and this is a cutting so I would describe it as a shrub? I told the person I wanted to cover a high, long garden fence and she said it would do that. Had a look at Hoheria and it's nothing like it. I think I'll have to take a cutting to the local nursery to see if I can find it.
--
Sadge

If the leaves are about an inch long, as stated, then it's not as big as it looks - perhaps 18 inches high, assuming that the base of the plant isn't too far below the bottom of the photograph.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley