Help identifying grass/weeds

There's some sort of grass or weed that grows on the sides of my driveway. My cat's love to play with them and I'd like to figure out what exactly they are.

They look like wheat but I don't think that's what they are unless it's some sort of wild wheat. They're usually green but are now turning yellow/light brown and drying and dying out. Many people I know refer to them as cat tails but that's not what they are.

Does anyone know what they might be?

Reply to
littleboyblu87

The picture in you attachment didn't come through.

Try again.

Better yet, ask your freaking cat what it is.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

I'll just take a wild guess and direct you to look up nut sedge in Google. Is that it? Tomes

Reply to
Tomes